Friday, August 20, 2010

House

I was watching House tonight. The episode had a very sick nun and one of the doctors volunteered to pray with her and cited this bible verse and it stuck with me.

Peter 1:7 These trials are only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold -- and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.

It didn't make me think of my trials however. I think I have a pretty good/easy life. No drama, my family is great. My job is secure (I like it most days).

It actually made me think of all the other IF bloggers out there. The ones who have lost babies they were supposed to receive via adoption...and others through miscarriage. I can only hope if I have to endure these things one day, I can handle it with the grace and faith in God and His plan in which they did.

We all have trials, we get closer to God on how we handle them. I am glad to be a part of the Catholic IF community (and our non-IF bloggers :). It strengthens my faith by witnessing others. I just wanted to say thank you.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen that episode of House. It's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are here, too!! And that you all have welcomed me in as a non-IF.

    Still loving the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never gotten into House, but that sounds like a great episode! I too love this blogging community, and I am inspired by so many women striving to grow in holiness!
    Oh and I forgot to mention it before, but I love your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel blessed and inspired by this community as well. Such brave little soldiers!

    ReplyDelete