Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandbaby is Here!!

The grandbaby arrived on Friday September 16, 2011 at about 12:30pm. He was about 3 weeks early, but healthy. He weighed 6lbs 15oz and 21 inches long. His name is Braxton John. He is purdy! His mom got an infection after birth and her fever shot up to about 107 degrees. They put her on antibiotics and the baby as well just as precaution. They were released yesterday and are doing fine. Baby Braxton's birthday was not a good day for his step-grandma (me). I was not handling it well at all. I thought I had 3 more weeks to prepare. I was mad and a I cried and got into a fight with my husband. I wasn't ready, but I don't know that I would've ever been ready. I think I was living in denial. If I ignored it, it wouldn't happen kind of a thing. But it did happen, and there's a new precious little soul on this earth. So like a proud grandma, since its my duty...here are some pictures:

8 comments:

  1. He's CUTE!!! Congrats! Sorry it was a tough day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congrats step-grandma. I'm sorry it was a tough day. I think I'd still be an emotional wreck if I were in your shoes. You are much stronger than I would be. Praying the next baby picture is of yours! (Perfect Power in Weakness)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good woman. And you will be a beautiful influence on this little boy's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how tough his birth was for you! He is so lucky to have you as a role model in faith! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Can't imagine the range of emotion. Praying for you. Braxton is blessed to have you praying for him and modeling for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's so precious. And I know your heart must feel so incredibly vulnerable right now... try not to let it get in the way of you enjoying your time with this beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prayed for you especially this morning at my holy hour, not knowing that your grandbaby has arrived. I'm sure it wasn't easy meeting your grandson for the first time. I will pray that it gets easier for you to interact with him and his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to meet you in Dec. As the time gets closer and you know your plans, email me (my address is on my blog) and we'll figure out about a meet-up. I'm not super close (but not super far) from SLC, but I don't mind the drive if the weather is ok!

    ReplyDelete