Monday, June 13, 2011

Our Lady of La Leche Shrine & Meeting a Blogger!

My DH and I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. and Mrs. TCIE yesterday in St. Augustine. The Shrine of Our Lady of La Leche was amazing and peaceful. Everyone who has met Mrs. TCIE has said she is wonderful and beautiful! She is! It was so nice to meet her and her husband.

Our Lady of La Leche is a Shrine in St. Augustine, and also the place where the first Mass was celebrated in the US.

This "Rustic Alter" was built to commerate the first Mass. Mass is still celebrated there for parish pilgrimages and also weddings.



My devotion to Mary is ever growing. This place was perfect for that. She is EVERYWHERE...





This is me and my DH in front of the Chapel. (this bought to my attention how very bad my posture is! and that's not good for fertility)



This is an outside shot of Our Lady of La Leche chapel.



Prayer to Our Lady

Lovey Lady of La Leche, most loving mother of the Child Jesus, and my Mother, listen to my humble prayer. Your motherly heart knows my every wish, my every need. To you only, His spotless Virgin Mother, has your Divine Son given to understand the sentiments which fill my soul. Yours was the sacred priviledge of being the Mother of the Saviour. Intercede with Him now, my loving Mother, that, in accordance with His will, I may become the mother of other children of our heavenly Father. This I ask, O Lady of La Leche, in the Name of your Divine Son, My Lord and Redeemer. Amen.


It is hard not to feel close to God in that place. I pray He answers our prayers.

On the grounds, right outside the Chapel, there is this...


My heart sank at the thought of abortion. I saw the headstone and the benches while we were there. It wasn't until I got home and looked at the pictures that I saw that precious angel standing behind, I have NO idea how I missed it.

One of the most amazing things on the grounds is the humongous cross. Its HUGE.


The statue in front of the cross is Father Francisco Lopez de Mendoza Grajales. Father Lopez was founding pastor of the Saint Augustine parish and celebrated the first Mass in the new colony on September 8,1565.



The Great Cross makes you feel so small. Like looking at the stars small. Insignificant but very loved.

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you met Mr and Mrs TCIE! They are wonderful people!

    Looks like a lovely place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently bad posture (which I don't think you have, by the way) can cause adhesions. So I've been standing and sitting up straight for a couple weeks now, hahaha.

    -TCIE

    ReplyDelete